It's Grief to Me | Anna-Maija Lee | TEDxGullLake

The primary focus of Anna-Maija’s research has been grief experiences of children and teens impacted by death, divorce, parental incarceration, parental deployment and foster care placement. She sees herself as someone with uncanny hope, a hope shaped through her own experiences as a teen, and seeks to empower children “to keep going, to keep moving forward when they feel they can't go on anymore.” Anna-Maija teaches awareness of the many forms of grief experienced by children and teens, to help foster healthier communities and family systems. “I'm teaching middle and high school students in a way that matters to me and I'm doing what I love to do,” she said. “Although the work is tough, I'm listening, learning, and doing my best to empower my students to keep moving and keep pressing forward with hope.” This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Comments