Embracing our Humanity | Daniel Marsh | TEDxDonovanCorrectional

Daniel had a troubled childhood punctuated by abuse, indifference and loneliness. After losing the most important person in his life, he went on a downward spiral that would eventually lead to his incarceration. But it was in the exploration of those depths that Daniel found the thing that he had been needing all along: Human Connection. “I see myself as a resilient, loyal and kind-hearted individual who may not always say the right thing but always means well. Friends and those that know me have described me as friendly, funny, intelligent and resourceful. My biggest interest and passion in my life is music. I am both a singer and a guitar player and writing my own original songs and material occupies a great deal of my time.” This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Comments

  1. This video was removed from YouTube- please let me know if it can be seen elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to view this video, please? Is there a specific reason it has become inaccessible? Hope y'all can let us know. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The victims' families requested it be removed as it was clear Daniel was faking the whole thing, trying to make himself look good in order to get out of prison but not regretting anything he did. I would still like to see this and think it should be viewable because we do need to be able to spot instances where these sort of people are being insincere and could learn from this. I am still hoping to see it some day, and mean no disrespect to those involved.

      Delete

Post a Comment