Change & the LGBTQ Community | Emma Alman | TEDxYouth@KIS

Emma Alman, an international school student studying in Ukraine shares her first hand experience with change and the LGBTQ community. I live in an international community and change is to that kind of community what water is to fish. It’s a constant, and a given. Change has been significant in my life because it’s led me to where I am now as a person. At the same time, not so much the change, but the process of change has fascinated me to the point where I’m interested in engaging in a career that revolves around making slow, steady, and positive change to a person’s life. I’ll be talking about how we think about change, and how we could create change in a better way if we thought about it a little bit differently. I’ll focus on the LGBT community here in Ukraine, and how the ideas in my talk might be applied to a real situation. I hope to communicate a different vantage point on making change, while spreading awareness about the LGBT situation in Ukraine, which is in need of the attention." This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at http://ted.com/tedx

Comments